Outdoor play

School History

Wetherby Kensington forms part of the Wetherby Group of schools. Wetherby School was founded by Mr and Mrs Gerald Russell in Wetherby Place, SW7 in 1951. It moved to Pembridge Square, W2 4ED in 1971 when it became part of Davies, Laing and Dick Educational Group with its own board of governors.

In 2002, Wetherby School became part of the Alpha Plus Educational Group.

In November 2016, Alpha Plus acquired a premises in Wetherby Gardens, SW5 and decided to open another Wetherby called Wetherby Kensington. The school opened in September 2017 as a pre-preparatory school with two Reception and two Year 1 classes.

With the opening of the Preparatory School in 2004, Wetherby boys have the opportunity to proceed through, or sit a competitive exam for, a London Day School.

Wetherby Kensington joins Wetherby School, Wetherby Prep, Wetherby Senior and Wetherby-Pembridge New York as part of the Wetherby family.